- 09-Jan-2017 to 09-Mar-2017 (PST)
- Colorado Springs, CO, USA
- Negotiable, DOE
- Full Time
Full Comprehensive, Employer Contribution benefits including Health,Dental,401k, Life and much more.
Outreach, Inc has a mission to equip the Church to reach people with the Gospel of Jesus Christ. Over our 20 year history, we've equipped tens of thousands of churches to reach millions of people. Large and small organizations alike have partnered with us to change the world for the Church. But as the medium for reaching people changes, and the world becomes more digital, we need more people with technical skills and experience to join us in our mission.
Becoming a member of the Outreach software development team means that you'll help shape the future of how we equip the Church. We're a small team of software developers and designers, responsible for a wide variety of applications and services. Every day we're presented with new ideas and new opportunities which our team approaches using an Agile mindset. So if you're a full stack web developer that can help us grow our team and appreciates working on a wide range of projects, we'd love to hear from you.
What we expect
As a front end web developer, you've got at least 3 years of experience working on the web. Specifically, we're looking for candidates that:
- Keep up to date, and love playing with the latest technologies and frameworks, like React, Angular, or Vue,
- Have experience designing interfaces from scratch or from mockups, and have a good understanding of UX patterns,
- Have worked with back end developers to define APIs,
- Know what responsive web design means, and know how to make a website responsive,
- Have employed modern design and architecture patterns, like state containers and components,
- Are not tied to any particular framework or system (though they might have preferences) and are always on the lookout for new ways of doing things.
How we build software
Our product design and software development processes are grounded in Agile principles and informed by LEAN Startup and SCRUM methodologies:
- We put our customers at the center of every decision - life is way too short to build something nobody wants.
- We design and build to learn, then we build to scale - experimentation and learning are central to our approach.
- We measure our results and test our assumptions - data informs our decision making, not the loudest person in the room.
- We're constantly learning and growing as individuals and as a team - a growth mindset and strong drive for continuous improvement is a must.
Our tech stack and tooling is pretty awesome, but we're always looking for ways to improve:
- We use SQL Server as our data store, accessed through Entity Framework.
- On the back end, we're using .NET Core.
- On the front end, we're using React.js.
We've been leveraging virtualized environments since the early 2000's, but in 2017 we'll be moving to the cloud by:
- Embracing DevOps as a discipline
- Defining our infrastructure as code
- Migrating from monoliths to microservices
- Running our apps in containers
- Automating our entire process