- 31-Jan-2017 to 30-Apr-2017 (PST)
- Colorado Springs, CO, USA
- Full Time
Comprehensive employer contribution benefits including health, dental, vision, life, 401k and more.
Outreach, Inc has a mission to equip the Church to reach people with the Gospel of Jesus Christ. Over our 20 year history, we've equipped tens of thousands of churches to reach millions of people. Large and small organizations alike have partnered with us to change the world for the Church. But as the medium for reaching people changes, and the world becomes more digital, we need more people with technical skills and experience to join us in our mission.
Becoming a member of the Outreach software development team means that you'll help shape the future of how we equip the Church. We're a small team of software developers and designers, responsible for a wide variety of applications and services. Every day we're presented with new ideas and new opportunities which our team approaches using an Agile mindset. So if you're a recent grad looking to learn from a team of talented, experienced developers, and excited to work on a wide range of projects, we'd love to hear from you.
What we expect
As a junior web developer, you've got at least 4 years of education or experience in software development. Specifically, we're looking for candidates that:
- Have a passion for learning, and applying their learning,
- Are excited about the web, and all the possibilities that the web offers,
- Have one or more projects they can cite that demonstrates their potential,
- Have an attention to detail, and are able to understand complex code and business rules,
- Have excellent communication skills, both verbally and in writing,
How we build software
Our product design and software development processes are grounded in Agile principles and informed by LEAN Startup and SCRUM methodologies:
- We put our customers at the center of every decision - life is way too short to build something nobody wants.
- We design and build to learn, then we build to scale - experimentation and learning are central to our approach.
- We measure our results and test our assumptions - data informs our decision making, not the loudest person in the room.
- We're constantly learning and growing as individuals and as a team - a growth mindset and strong drive for continuous improvement is a must.
Our tech stack and tooling is pretty awesome, but we're always looking for ways to improve:
- On the back end, we're using .NET Core.
- On the front end, we're using React.js.
- We use SQL Server as our data store, accessed through Entity Framework.
We've been leveraging virtualized environments since the early 2000's, but in 2017 we'll be moving to the cloud by:
- Embracing DevOps as a discipline
- Defining our infrastructure as code
- Migrating from monoliths to microservices
- Running our apps in containers
- Automating our entire process
In addition to your resume, please submit a cover letter explaining why you are interested in the company, the position, and software development in general. In your cover letter, tell us your favorite website related to software, and why you like it. Most importantly, include an online portfolio (e.g. GitHub) that shows some of the projects that you've worked on. Without a portfolio, your application may not be considered.